Aotearoa Safaris have a range of Hunting Packages with locations including our own hunting block on New Zealand's volcanic Central Plateau, the breathtaking terrain of the Southern Alps and the scorching wilderness of Australia's Northern Territories.
New Zealand has strict laws governing the use of firearms however it is possible for international clients to bring their own with them. Understandably most clients prefer to use their own firearms. We are however able to provide a range of firearms for client use and we recommend this to save hassle with customs.
We have available in NZ: Browning in 300 WSM, 308, 7mm Mag with Leupold or Nightforce optics. In Australia: 375 H&H with Leopold Optics and 500 Nitro Express.
Any .30 calibre rifle will be suitable and you can expect shooting distances to be from 50 to 300 metres.
A Temporary Visitors Firearms License costs NZ$25 and must be applied for at least a month before coming to New Zealand - apply online here. A permit to import must be obtained from the New Zealand Police - apply online here. We are able to assist with this application.
TROPHY PREPARATION AND SHIPPING
Packages include the field preparation of trophies. The cost of preparation and documentation for export and subsequent shipping varies. We can assist with the export process and can recommend excellent taxidermists should you wish to have your trophy mounted before shipping.
Australian Aboriginal paintings may be commissioned as a very attractive alternative to European mounts. Results in a huge saving in trophy preparation and shipping costs.
- Thermal pools and spas
- Bungy jumping
- Sky diving
- Jet boating
- Snow skiing
- River rafting
- Lake cruising
Please check with your travel agent for visa requirements.
Please ensure that you have your own current medical and travel insurance.
About Our Packages
- Please note that additional days have been added to the packages to allow for delays due to weather particularly in regards to the New Zealand component.
- Packages are all inclusive pick up from delivery to nearest airport for one hunter and one non - hunting companion.
- A mix of accommodation from a comfortable “Kiwi” cabin to Hotel/Motel and Wilderness Lodge style will be utilized. Please advise of any specific requirements.
- Modern vehicles to transport to and from camp and ATV type vehicles within the hunting area.
- Hunt is confirmed through a 30% deposit with the balance payable at the completion of the hunt. Deposits are non refundable but may be transferred to a suitable alternate date should the need arise.
- Packages are subject to change – please contact us for current pricing. Prices are in US$
- Australia – Flights typically arrive and depart Darwin at the horrendous time of 1AM. You will be very tired. It is recommended that accommodation is booked on the nights of arrival and departure. Included in the packages.
- New Zealand – Flights typically arrive around 6AM with a short connecting flight having you in Taupo around Midday for pickup. Departure flights ex Auckland typically depart early evening.